Next week is Thanksgiving, and my news feed is exploding with people being thankful for something specific each day of the month. I don't have the energy or willpower to actually keep this up every day for a month, but I wanted to pop in and share some of the things that have me totally stoked and grateful these days.
- My parents (and step-parents, too). I probably have said it before, but I didn't' realize when we moved to Manheim how extremely grateful I would be to be about 30 minutes from them (as opposed to over an hour). I see them about once a week, and they are so willing to jump in and watch Levi, help us move, cut our furniture in half. I am an adult, I have my own life going on, but I think I need my parents now more than I ever did. Or maybe I just appreciate them the most now because I "get it." Anyway, I love you.
- One of my BFFs, Lauren, is moving to the east coast (from Hawaii) in LESS THAN A MONTH. I cannot wait to see her so soon!
- I have a functional washer and dryer again! When we moved last month, we had to provide our own laundry appliances. We had a (very nice) washer (from the days that we were kid and debt free, living frivolously on two incomes). Unfortunately, I had sold our dryer a few months ago, justifying that we got it used, it would be easy to get another used one when we need it. Well, in the last several weeks, buying a new dryer has ranked pretty low on the money priority list, especially when compared to things like food and furnace oil. And then, SWOOP! That's my dad, saving the day. He got us a free dryer, and then delivered it, and hooked it up, all while he and my step-mom were on Levi duty.
- This house. It's so much better. I'll do a post soon with a little house tour, but here's a picture of our living room (which still has some unpacking/cleaning up to be done).
- Cascade Complete. I tried to use cheapo dishwasher detergent; it sucked. I bought the most expensive stuff, and my dishes are SPOTLESS, even in my ancient dishwasher. Oh, did I mention I FINALLY have a dishwasher again?! See, I told you this house was better.
- My Sunday School. We're studying the book of Mark, and we have homework. Confession: I like homework. I guess I kind of miss my student days. But what I like even better is learning about the Bible.
- Levi's speaking skills. He's a laugh a minute. Yesterday he told me that my shirt looked nice. Thanks, kid.
- The warm body that is my husband. Last night I was having a dream that I was freezing cold and trying to get warm. Of course I woke up and realized that I actually was freezing cold. Nothing that spooning up to a bearded man can't solve. Unfortunately I slowly pushed him out of our king sized bed all night. And then this morning instead of scolding me, he kissed me and said, "I love you." Yep, that's love.
- All the family time coming up in the next week! Celebrating with one side of the family on Sunday, the other sides on Thursday. I am excited to see everyone and excited to eat some crazy good food.